Tuesday 27 August 2013

Feeling Retro with some Rollerskating!

Did someone say Rollerskating?

Yesterday, myself and two of my friends (Ruby and Becky) decided we wanted to do something fun, luckily for us,  in Swansea, a town close to where we live, has an outdoor Rollerskating rink just for the Summer. 

Let the childhood nostalgia commence!


The Rollerskating Rink is located in front of the Waterfront Museum in the centre of Swansea.  This site usually houses the Winter Wonderland (a fun fair, with a Ferris wheel and ice-skating rink) during the winter, but for the rest of the year it remains empty.  So i think it was a wise idea for Swansea Council to do something with it for the summer.

Let me tell you, it is so much fun!

I had completely forgot how fun it was to Roller-skate.  As a child I used to roller skate, roller blade and skateboard, however as I got older I lost interest.  I was a little apprehensive to start with, and had visions of ending up on my arse! 

However as soon as I hit the rink, it all came flooding back, just like riding a bike!

Overall it was a great day out with two of my closest friends and i would recommend it to anyone who fancies a bit of fun, and it's also great for kids.  

As well as Roller skating there is also:
- A Ferris Wheel
- Food Stands
- Fairground Games
- Children's Rides
- Deck Chairs
- Giant Sand Pit
- Trampolines

The roller skating is reasonably priced at;
£ 5 Adults
£ 4 Children

So if you're in Swansea and have an hour or so to spare, definitely go to the Summer Roller event, you wont regret it!

We didn't!




No comments:

Post a Comment