Thursday 22 August 2013

My Favourite Lip Products

I have recently started using more lip products.  I used to only use a bit of Chapstick and that was it!

Now it's a different story!

My collection of lip products grows almost every time I go shopping!

Here are just a few of my current favourites.

Lip Balms

I am currently loving two lip balms, and as someone who suffers from dry and cracked lips all year round, I need a good lip balm.

Two little miracle workers!

The first lip balm I use everyday is Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula, Original Ultra Moisturizing Lip Balm.  (it's a bit of a mouthful!)
The consistency of this lip balm is gorgeous!  It is so silky and smooth that it just glides right on to your lips and leaves them feeling soft and nourished.  
It also has SPF 15 protection in it and it smells AMAZING!
How could you say no to it at just £1.89 in Boots.

The second lip balm I love to use is the Carmex Lip Balm.  This lip balm has been around for years and works wonders on chapped and sore lips.  It contains menthol and beeswax which, in turn makes your lips tingle, soothing and smoothing your lips.  Most lip balms I've tried have been a let down, only working for a few minutes before my lips are dry and chapped again.  This one however is a miracle worker, it lasts a good hour or so before you have to reapply and only costs £2-£3. A real BARGAIN!


Lip Colour

I don't tend to wear a lot of colour on my lips, I am always a bit wary of trying bold colours because I'm not sure if they'll suit me.  
However when I do wear colour on my lips i tend to go for pinks and plums, as they go with my skin tone.  

I am currently loving Rimmel's Apocalips Lip Lacquers, which are almost like a mix between a lipstick and a lip gloss.  The colour pay off is amazing with these lacquers (see swatches below).  They last ages before you need to top them up and have a gorgeous glossy look to them which makes your lips POP!  
The two colours I like the most are Galaxy and Celestial (shown below).  
They currently have a total of eight colours including a number of pinks, a nude and a gorgeous red.  
One downside to these lacquers is that they are a little difficult to apply, they tend to bleed onto the skin around your lips when first applied.  I find that using a cotton bud to touch up around your lips usually works.  You may also have to use your finger to blend it in for an even coverage.  At only £6.49 they are well worth it!

Overall these lacquers are really good if you are after a quick pop of colour to brighten up your everyday look.  

Lovely Lacquers!

Other Lip Products

The last lip product that I've been using a lot lately was completely unknown to me until three weeks ago.  I saw this product being used on a YouTube makeup tutorial and instantly wanted to try it out for myself.  So when I was doing a spot of shopping I decided to pop into Lush and pick up a pot of their Lip Scrub.  They currently do three different flavours; Bubblegum, Popcorn and Mint Julips.  I decided to go for the Bubblegum flavour which smells and tastes like a combination of bubblegum and candyfloss.  The purpose of these scrubs is to smooth out the lip surface, removing any dry skin and creating a perfectly smooth surface to apply your favourite lip products. 

The best part about using this product has to be the taste, it is truly amazing!  

These scrubs aren't very cheap for what they are (flavoured and coloured sugar).  They will set you back £5.25 each.  

The results however are worth it!



I hope you've found this helpful and I hope you find these products as good as I did.

Let me know what your favourite lip products are so I can give them a try :D

Enjoy!









No comments:

Post a Comment