Wednesday 28 August 2013

Floral Nail Art!

I just wanted to quickly share my latest nail art attempt.

I was bored one night and seeing as my boyfriend was playing on his Xbox, it seemed like the perfect time to paint my nails!

I wanted to try something different, then I remembered seeing a tutorial on Youtube which involved some tooth picks and many different colour nail varnishes. 

So I decided to try a flower design and here are the results.
Scroll down to see how it's done.




I used 3 different colours, I chose a pink for the base, a green for the centre of the flowers and a pearlised white for the petals.

I would suggest using colours that complement one another for a girly, subtle look, but if you're feeling adventurous you can go for any colours you like! 

However I would recommend using a medium colour for the base, a darker colour for the centre and a light colour for the petals to make them stand out.

Method
1. Paint nails with chosen base colour.
2. Pour out a small amount of your darker and lighter colours onto a piece of paper (keep separate)
3. Use a tooth pick to dot on the centre of the flowers, once dry use another tooth pick to apply the lighter colour for the petals.
4. Once completely dry paint on your top coat of choice.



The products I used are:

- Pall Mall by Nails Inc (petals)
- Misty Jade 045 by Rimmel (centre of flowers) 
- The base colour was a gift, and was created for me using the Couture by Nails Inc service (http://www.nailsinc.com/couture) 
The closest colour match I can find is Brook Street by Nails Inc.

Enjoy! 




No comments:

Post a Comment